We’re back in Houston, eating BBQ. Bought ourselves a sailboat.
On August 27th, we had to put our best friend, Heddy, down. Her health declined rapidly over a day, and after a series of vet visits, we found out she had a number of tumors in her abdomen. We are grateful to all of the friends we have met along the way and in particular those in Long Island who helped us when she died.
We miss her an incredible amount. She was the best dog Amelie and I had ever owned, and Averie’s best friend. Hopefully she is playing ball with meatballs on the beach. We love and miss you, Heddy.
Travel Dates: 7/16/20-7/19/20
- Amelie: Hiking the lonesome lake trail
- Kate: Franconia Notch State Park
- Averie: The ducks at lonesome lake
- Heddy: Hiking to Ammonoosuc river
Travel Dates: 7/12/20-7/16/20
- Amelie: Lamoille Valley Rail Trail, Joe’s brook
- Kate: Ditto
- Averie: Floating down Joe’s brook
- Heddy: Ground beef from Joe’s brook farm and hand made ice cream from Artesano
Travel Dates: 7/9/20-7/12/20
- Amelie: Swimming holes and literally everything
- Kate: Hospitality and all the swimming holes
- Averie: Swimming holes, playing with Nox
- Heddy: Farm smells and new dog friends
Travel Dates: 7/1/20-7/9/20
- Amelie: Seals, mussel foraging at Ellisville State Park
- Kate: Seals, Chatham Fish Market, National Seashore
- Averie: Seals, fried clam strips
- Heddy: Ellisville State Park